Monday, November 26, 2007

I Can Keep My Assistant

Here in Indonesia, many housewife often being disturbed because their housekeeper are not comfortable with them. So, it's quite long if a housekeeper could stand for a year in a family.

But me, I am very happy, because my housekeeper could stay with me for more than one year, it's almost two years now, with these following condition:

-She was eighteen years old at the first time she came to my house
-She even cried and got homesick at the first week
-I have three children and one of them is two years old now (what a busy, isn't it?)
-We are about eight people in family
-She does all the laundry
-She cooks for all people in my family
-She cleans the house
-She helps me babysitting my little son
-She does the dish-washing and ironing
-She does it all everyday

But why is she still here with me? Do you want to know why?

-It's because I am using humor while trying to correct her working; e.g, "Oh my gosh, why do you throw the doormat just because my son defecated on it? what if he did it on my cloth? are you going to throw it too? come on..." Then she laugh when I reminded her like that
-I let her to sleep with my little baby about two hours(10am-12am), even more for most of the time
-I consider her as a family member not a stranger; so my daughter and sons respect her
-All of us in family love her

Would you dare to try? I am sure you can with a big heart

No comments: